"Alatau Zharyk Company" JSC (hereinafter - "AZhC" JSC) is one of major regional power grid companies in the south of the republic on transmission and distribution of electricity for population, industrial and agricultural enterprises in the area of its operations -Almaty city and Almaty region. The service area of "AZhC" JSC geographically stretches from the shores of Balkhash Lake to the border with China.
Balance sheet inventory of "AZhC" JSC includes power grids with voltage type: 220-110-35-10-6-0,4 kV as well as power transmission lines with a total length of 29 225 km, including:
- 220 kV overhead power transmission lines with length of 432, 4 km;
- 220 kV cable lines - 40.13 km;
- 110 kV overhead power transmission lines with a total length of 2733 km;
- 110 kV cable lines -117 km;
- 35 kV power grids with length of 2 589, 0 km;
- 6-10 kV overhead and cable lines with a total length of 12 426, 4 km;
- 0, 4 kV power transmission lines with a total length of 10,887 km;
- The number of 35-220 kV substations - 209 with total transformer capacity -6941 MVA;
- The number of 6-10 / 0.4 kV transformer substations is 6995 units with a total transformer capacity - 2 325 MVA.
Construction of 220 kV ring around Almaty city was completed in December 2013.