The Stage 1 "Diagnostics and Design" at “Samruk-Energy” JSC has ended and transformation team is now working on Stage 2 "Planning". Projects implementation will commence after 2 months or Stage 3 "Implementation" of projects portfolio – particular changes in the company.
Project portfolio is a set of projects, programs, projects and other activities combined together to achieve more effective management and implementation of strategic objectives of the organization.
At the moment, the meetings on approval of portfolio that includes 26 projects are held between "Samruk-Energy" JSC transformation team and Central transformation team of “Samruk-Kazyna" JSC; let us examine in detail each project.
1. Integrated planning system - for production and financial modeling, setting and monitoring of short-term and long-term goals.
2. Unified Project Management System - for implementation of strategic plans and achievement of set goals through a transparent, controlled and efficient project activity.
3. The release of inventory remainder - cost optimization after capital projects and formalization of spare parts (spare parts, tools, supplies).
4. Categorical procurement management - increase the efficiency of procurement, the introduction of categorical procurement management system, reducing costs across “Samruk-Kazyna” JSC group.
5.Infrastructure provider – The system on providing transformation program with infrastructure capacities, as well as optimization according to the Fund’s IT Policy and the creation of a qualitatively new IT industry of services infrastructure.
6. Introduction of a new model of IT management - ITSSM system implemented for IT management taking into account best practices COBIT5 / ITIL.
7. Introduction of a new IS (information security)model – Monitoring for business systems, as well as the analysis and detection of existing vulnerabilities and threats.
8. Implementation of strategic agreement with SAP - Conclusion of contracts and sub-license SAP agreements with Portfolio companies (PC) of the Fund, SAP technical support( TS) agreements,
Granting SAP licenses based on OPEX model (for rent) to PC, creation and certification CCOE for the purpose of provision of PC and the Fund with minimal cost (up to 20% of the price-list value, the value of TS from 17% of the cost of licenses, PC licenses replacement).
9.Introduction of automated processes in the new system in class A companies (localization of template) - automated processes (accounting, tax accounting, procurement management, inventory management, HR, portfolio management, project management).
10. Transition to the target organizational structure - a detailed plan for the transition to the target organizational structure of Modernization Council and the Board of Directors; The transition plan includes a section on conducting of Job Matching;
11. Introduction of a new procurements model of the Fund – Improvement of procurement activity, planning, categories and inventory management. Contract and supply management. Monitoring and control over procurement activities.
12. The introduction of a new model of accounting – accounting of settlement payments with suppliers and contractors, goods and materials, accounting of fixed assets, intangible assets and capital construction, accounting of provisions, contingent liabilities and assets, etc . Improvement of the accounting process.
13. The introduction of a new model of tax accounting - Tax planning; fulfillment of tax obligations; tax control; tax risk management.
14. The introduction of a new model of management accounting - the preparation of an operational plan for implementation of the development program (annual plan). Monitoring and control of the execution of the operational plan. Calculation of actual cost of goods sold and expenses allocation. Analysis and search for ways to improve performance.
15. The introduction of a new model of risk management - development / improvement of the concept of risk management systems. Development / implementation of control activities on risks. Testing the plan for ensuring business continuity.
16. Introduction of a new strategic planning and performance management model - Determination / Updating of long-term strategy of the Company. Development / adjustment of the medium-term development plan. Management of KPI system.
17. The introduction of the new Treasury model - Liquidity planning. Cash Management. Manage relationships with banks, raising finance. Management of trade finance transactions. Interaction with credit rating agencies. Monitoring and management of financial and non-financial covenants. Improvement of the methodology.
18. Introduction of a new model of personnel management - Automate HR administration. Introduction of processes "Search and selection", "Performance evaluation", "Education and Development", "Remuneration management", "continuity management", "corporate culture and social stability management"
19.Introduction of a new model of data management - Introduction and automation of processes. Master data management, document and content management, reporting and business analytics management, metadata management.
20. Introduction of a new model of business initiatives and projects portfolio management - collection and analysis, formation and monitoring of the implementation of business initiatives portfolio and changes management. Managing the methodological framework for projects and business initiatives portfolio. Initiation. Planning. Implementation. Monitoring and management of changes. Closure of the project.
21.Introduction of a new model of technical service and overhaul management (TSAO) - Online information about the technical condition of an asset.
The structured data base of standards and equipment.
An effective strategy for asset management in terms of TSAO. Ranked directories of defects and works on repairs. Development of plans for repairs based on the desired level of reliability.
22. Introduction of new ideas, knowledge and innovation management - 1. Creating knowledge, ideas and innovations management system 1.1. Creation of ideas database – automation of the process of collecting ideas 1.2. The development of methodology of assessing innovative ideas. 1.3. Development of the methodology of innovative ideas protection (the rights of the initiators of innovative ideas). 1.4. Development of the methodology of awarding of innovative ideas initiators 1. 5. Creating an expert groups within the company. 1.6. Creation of micro-site for the innovation activity of the company based on the corporate website. 2. Introduction of knowledge and innovation management process at the level of Head office, subsidiaries and affiliates.
23. Development of sales processes and introduction of new trading processes - 1. Development of organizational structure, key roles and responsibilities of sales and trading unit
2. Determination of optimized tax and legal structure
3. Development and implementation a road map for regulatory changes
4. Development of sales and trading strategies, as well as techniques for commodity risk management
5. Development of proposals for products and services, depending on the segments
6. Creation of a tool to optimize the loading of power plants
24. Introduction of new corporate finance management processes - debt concentration at the level of parent company; Development and implementation of a unified rating strategy for “Samruk-Energy” JSC group of companies ; Increased use of new financial instruments.
25. The introduction of a new model of integrated security management - Information will be provided later.
26. The introduction of a new corporate governance model.