- Reconstruction of Ekibastuz GRES-1 (rehabilitation of power unit No.1)
- Recovery of 500 MW power unit No.1 of Ekibastuz GRES-1 including installation of an electrostatic precipitator
- Satisfying the demand for electricity in Kazakhstan
- Increase of export potential
- Improvement of the reliability of the electricity supply to the Republic of Kazakhstan consumers
- Compliance with environmental standards
- Steam Boiler P-57-3P (Pp-1650-25-545KT) manufactured by "Podolsky Machine-Building Plant “ZiO” (Podolsk city) of T-shaped layout with steam generating capacity of 1650 t/h. Downstream steam parameters of boiler: pressure 25 MPa, temperature 545 ° C. Fuel - Ekibastuz coal.
- Steam turbine K-500-240 manufactured by "Turboatom" JSC (Kharkov c.), condensing without adjustable steam extraction with one reheat, rated capacity of 500 MW, rotor speed 3000 rpm.
- Generator TVV-500-2UZ manufactured by "Electrotyazhmash"plant” (Kharkov c.) with rated capacity of 525 MW and a rated voltage of 20 kV.
- Production of 3,4 bln.kWh of electricity per year
Number of jobs
- During construction – 450-500 persons
- During operation – 54 persons
- Main equipment (boiler, turbine, and generator) has been delivered in full. Dismantling and assembly operations are carried out.