- Diversion of Kensu River’s flow to Bestubinsk water storage reservoir of Moynak HPP
- To increase Moynak HPP’s power generation by 102 mln.kWh
- Diversion of a part of Kensu River’s flow to Bestubinsk reservoir is needed to increase power generation at Moynak hydropower plant. According to water and energy calculations, due to flow diversion the electricity generation at Moynak hydropower plant will increase by:
- by 83 mln. kWh in years with low water level;
- by 102 mln. kWh at an average water content;
- by 150 mln. kWh in years with high water level.
- Increase in the annual generation of Moynak HPP by 102 mln. KWh
- Improvements of opportunities for power regulation for Almaty region.
- Satisfying the growing demand for electricity in Almaty and Almaty region.