Elected as independent member of the Board of Directors on January 28, 2017 by the decision of the Board of JSC "Samruk - Kazyna" (protocol number 03/17). Chairman of the Сommittee for occupational health and safety and environmental protection; Member of the nominating and remuneration Committee; member of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors; member of the Strategic planning Committee.
Born in 1957, Spain Citizen.
- Industrial Engineer by Seville Engineering School
- Bachelor´s Degree in Business and Economics by UNED University (Madrid)
- MBA by Deusto Business School (Bilbao)
- 2009 – 2015 - ENDESA Chile S.A. CEO Chile, Chief Executive Officer
- 2008 – 2009 - ENDESA S.A. Deputy General Manager of Spain & Portugal Spain
- 2006 – 2008 - ENDESA Italia SpA. CEO Italy, Chief Executive Officer
- 2004 – 2006 - Société Nationale d’Eléctricité et de Thermique (SNET) S.A. CEO France, Chief Executive Officer
- 2001 – 2004 - ENDESA Italia SpA. Production & Engineering Manager Italy
- 1998 – 2001 - ENDESA Generación S.A. Non- Mainland Generation Manager Spain, Production Manager of Baleares, Canarias, Ceuta y Melilla electrical systems.
- 1989 – 1998 - AIE Sevillana-ENDESA Los Barrios Power Plant. General Manager Spain
- 1983 – 1989 - Sevillana de Electricidad S.A. Production Manager Los Barrios Power Plant
Participation in the Board of directors:
- Endesa Costanera S.A. Chairman – Argentina (2,200 MW). Listed in Buenos Aires Stock Exchange
- Hidroeléctrica del Chocón S.A. Chairman – Argentina (1,400 MW)
- Central Dock-Sud S.A. BoD member – Argentina (850 MW)
- Endesa Brasil S.A. BoD member – Brazil (1,000 MW)
- EMGESA S.A. BoD member – Colombia (3,500 MW)
- EDEGEL S.A. BoD member – Peru (2,000 MW). Listed in Lima Stock Exchange
- Spanish – native speaker, English – fluent, French – fluent, Italian – fluent.
Does not own the Shares of the Company, suppliers and competitors.